|About Us||Service List||Seasonal||Contact Us||Parish News||Social Events||Hall||History||PPC||Links||Youth|
St Patricks Church History
was our benefactress.
1914. Canon James DaleyBecame Parish Priest of Havant.
During his ministry he opened the Church.
main aisle of the present building was the original church and
1925. Fr James McGuckinwas appointed first Parish Priest, when
Hayling separated from Havant.
1960. Fr McGuckinretired and was replaced by Fr.Edward Casey, who was
responsible for building the transepts, circa 1961 - 1964.
1970. Fr. Peter Stoylearrived on temporary posting and was appointed
Parish Priest in May 1971.
1974.Parish House opened.
1979. Bishop Emeryblessed the Cemetary and Church Hall.
1984. Bishop EmeryConsecrated the Church.
1994. Fr. Richard Hindwas appointed Parish Priest on the
retirement of Fr. Peter Stoyle.
1996. Fr. David Freemanwas appointed Parish Priest on the
posting of Fr. Richard Hind
2005. to 2009 Fr. Andrew Chandlerwas appointed Parish Priest on the
retirement of Fr. David Freeman.
Fr.John-Paul Sanderson OCSO
Bishop Philip Egan's Pasteral
page is not complete.
If you have any photos or text relating St Patricks in times past. We would love to put them on this page
Email email@example.com or leave hard copy at the Parish House